Friday, April 30, 2010

January 2010

In January we had visitors! With nobody knowing that we were coming home for Christmas our parents thought that they would come visit soon after the holidays. We tried hard to get them to postpone their plans with out making it obvious as to why we wanted them to wait. This actually lead to us telling my mom we were going to be home for Christmas because she just wouldn't give up. We didn't want to ruin our surprise so when Allan and Diane made plans to visit in January we decided to let it go seeing as we were going to be in Minnesota for such a short time anyway. While they were here we got to spend some quality time with Grandma and Papa and share some of our favorite things to do in Arizona. The girls favorite place to spend the day is the Phoenix Zoo, so we had to take Grandma and Papa there.

One of Josie's favorite things to do at the zoo is feed the giraffes. She taught Papa how to feed the giraffes.

We also took them up to Sedona to spend a day.
While they were here we also planned to have Josie's birthday party. She turned 4 back on December 22nd, and we usually have a party at home with family, but since we had so few days in Minnesota we decided to have our first Arizona birthday for Josie. Which was a lot of fun because she got to invite all of her preschool and Arizona friends to her party. She really wanted to have her party at Bounce U, so that's what we planned. We had so much fun jumping and playing! After an hour or so of literally bouncing off the walls, we had pizza and cake. Good times were had by all and mom didn't even have to clean up the mess, until she got home.
The only mess to clean up was the disaster in my kitchen from making Josie's birthday cake. Diane has always made her grand kids birthday cakes and does such a wonderful job. When I had Ellie I figured I was going to have to start to learn how to make cakes for myself since I never saw us being home in April for Ellie's birthdays and I didn't think it was fair that her cakes would never be as cool as Josie's. Well when Josie requested a princess castle cake I knew I had my work cut out for me. I spent a lot of time looking at other home made castle cakes online. Trying to figure out how they made them and what was the best design. and this is what I came up with. I have to say that I really had fun making this cake and I have to thank Brian for all his work too. He made the door and all the windows and even stayed back to repair one of the towers I broke in the car before we even left for the party. I thought I was going to cry! Diane did the adorable little princess dress cake and that was Josie's special cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment